Layout

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Balloons 2 {WNY Portrait Photographer}

 Taylor's mom responded to a casting call for a back to school shoot a month ago. Shanelle emailed me saying Taylor is self-conscious because of her size and that this would do wonders for her self-esteem. Taylor didn't fit the bill for that shoot but I was all too happy to have her join in the balloon fun.

 So we met up to go shopping at the vintage shop and found this great Ralph Lauren top and shorts combo. Next, I went through my books and picked some good ones out to go with the picnic basket, handmade blanket and the awesome watch necklace for our beach session. 

 At the session we asked mom to go do her own thing (watch from behind the trees) so Taylor could relax and focus. She did an awesome job taking direction and before we left a woman told her how nice her photos were going to be because she looked so pretty. Since then, Taylor's been talking up a storm about how pretty she is and I couldn't be happier.

 To get the look of these images I desaturated a lot of the color, added canvas and watercolor texture to many of the shots and threw in some "film" scratches and imperfections.


2 comments:

gyrlygyrl said...

Taylor is such a beautiful little girl ~ these pictures are amazing!

Renee said...

I don't see anything wrong with her size. She looks great. Nice job! :)