Layout

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Balloons 3 {WNY Portrait Photographer}

 My wonderful friend Toni, from Cake and Dazzle, recommended I get a hold of this munchkin's mom about her participation in the Balloons series. So I met Carleigh and mom Sara briefly about a month ago to see if her manners were everything Toni had prepared me to expect. They were that and more.

 Upon seeing Sara I knew I had to have her participate in the shoot too. This is one gorgeous mom and daughter team with big doll eyes and engaging smiles. I picked up an outfit for her at a vintage and consignment shop that I thought would compliment the dress Carleigh was all set to wear.

 We shot at a scenic location in a business development that I like for it's tall grasses and abundance of Queen Anne's Lace and thistles. It was noon so I used fill flash to fill in the shadows on their faces. In keeping with the rest of the series I desaturated the colors but went with less textures and instead used layers of digital paper for a subtle something extra on some of the images. By request, I also took a couple of shots of Carleigh in her white play dress since she likes it so much. These are some of my favorite shots. 


 Thank you Carleigh and Sarah, I had a lot of fun!

No comments: