Layout

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Monsters & Me on Evalynn {WNY Portrait Photographer}

 I get the opportunity to work with several vendors and once in a while we collaborate on collections. This sweet apple hat is part of the new Runts collection by Monsters & Me. Kristina crochets all of her specialty items and the quality is fantastic. Every item she's sent so far- including 2 purchases, 3 fruit hats, flower headbands and a newborn corsage- have quickly become new favorites in my collection of props and accessories. 

 I called on Evalynn, who's recent newborn session I posted, to model the adorable little hat. I'd hoped to shoot it in an apple orchard but Buffalo weather being what it is it didn't seem to quite pan out. Instead, I shot against the wooden wall I adore, outdoors but in the shade, used a crate I picked up at JoAnne's for $7 and painted, a pendant banner I made not too long ago for portrait and Cake Smash sessions, pulled out a couple fake apples from my Oz shoots a few years ago (and a bag of real ones from E's parents) and grabbed up this rustic looking fabric from my studio.

 I'd planned on lots of cute baby butt cheeks but it was a little breezy for the darling so I loosely wrapped her in the cloth and used a pillow to prop her in place. Shooting was only about 15 minutes, but babies being the finicky creatures they are we took about an hour total between diapers and feedings and readjustments. And just when it seemed like Evalynn was not going to cooperate at all and I might have to reshoot, she settled into a cozy slumber. These are some of my favorite shots. 


 Thank you Sarah and David for loaning precious Evalynn to me, and many thank you's to Kristina from Monsters & Me for trusting me to photograph your lovely items.

No comments: