Layout

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Team Luna Chix {WNY Portrait Photographer}

 Team Luna Chix Buffalo  invited me to their post-season party and fundraiser to document the fun and good work these fabulous women do at the end of October. The team met up at Dandelions for cocktail hour and dinner, and while there had a silent auction, a jeweler and I set up a photo booth for the ladies post-dinner. That night they raised over $400 for breast cancer research!

 I met the Chix through Mary Lou, that beautiful woman in the center through her kind acts to others. She spent all of 2010 baking cookies for Ronald McDonald House residents and Gilda's Club. I emailed her (far later than I ever meant) to tell her thank you for making my month at RMH a little more comforting and we struck up a friendship. She is an inspiring woman and the whole reason for Team Luna Chix being in Buffalo. I hope to someday get to photograph her baking cookies and hear more about her good deeds. 

 The whole team was an inspiration! Members ages, sizes and backgrounds are all over the map, but running and fundraising brings them all together. If you're looking for a way to make some new, wonderful friends or keep your New Year's Resolution contact them! These are a few of my favorite shots.


 Thank you Mary Lou, and the rest of the Chix, for letting me join you!

No comments: