Layout

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Caitlin and Jeff's Engagement Session {WNY Portrait Photographer}

 I received an email from Cait two weeks before her wedding thanks to a referral from a portrait client (thanks B Family!). We got together to discuss her wedding plans and immediately I knew I'd love working with this creative and beautiful bride. 

 We planned the engagement session for the next night to allow plenty of time for their event cards and print order to arrive for the big day. Since we'd be shooting at night there were some different places I wanted to shoot so I could play with lighting and exposure, so we did a tour of Buffalo. 

 Things were running late so we didn't get quite the shot I envisioned for the two of them at the Botanical Gardens, but when they arrived we had about 5 minutes of light left and got a beautiful portrait with the building backlit and the clouds rolling in behind them. It took about 4 takes before we could get the 3 second exposure without poor Cait and Jeff shivering (it was very cold).

 We moved onto industrial Buffalo, where I lit one of my favorite images using headlights with the car facing away about 60 degrees. The two of them looked gorgeous together, him in his brown suit and her in her pinup clothes and victory rolls. 

 From there we headed to the General Mills plant to get some shots on their bridge. I loved it! I shot with available lighting for longer exposure times and would be happy to shoot there once every couple weeks. The gorgeous couple seemed to enjoy the location, perhaps because of how many times we did the dip kiss shot in the middle, and the center image below was the centerpiece of their sign in table as an 11x14. 

 Our last location was a lot less urban but still moody due to the lack of light. We shot directly behind the art museum and captured some more romantic images of the two. I love watching people in love just be together.

 I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed shooting them, these are some of my favorite shots.

 Cait and Jeff, huge thank you's to the both of you for being such a great couple to work with! I'll be posting the wedding within a couple of days!

No comments: