Layout

Friday, April 2, 2010

They're kinda creepy, they're kinda weird and each an original...


These creepy guys are miniatures from the game Warhammer 40k that were hand painted by my friend A.P. He hired me to photograph them at the end of December for a couple of online contests and to sell to other gamers and collectors. Each piece is 4 inches or smaller but painted with incredible detail. He paints each one by hand, without the use of magnifiers and the detail is sick!


I photographed about 100 of them in total and it was a much different project for me. I'm more into shooting people and places than small objects, but it was really cool to get to check out the great work A.P. does. He says he only spends a couple of hours on them, once he gets the look in mind he runs with it.


He's previously won national contests for his work and I wish him luck in the upcoming year's.

No comments: