Layout

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Is A Time For Giving

I used to do something called Giving Is Awesome at the holidays to gift portraiture and services to people who were deserving and nominated by someone who recognized them. Over the years I stopped it because people were asking others to nominate them and I didn't feel that was in the spirit of the holidays. I give gift certificates out for Chinese auctions and other fundraising efforts, and on occasion surprise people I see and recognize for having grace and strength in tough situations. I can't always give everything I'd like to give, but I give what I can. It's something I can do all year long and I know those people aren't asking for portraits. It is just something nice I've been lucky enough to be able to share with them.

 On Christmas Eve I was able to share it again with my friend, Emily, who I watched persevere through a tough 2015. She's an awesome mom and wonderful woman who I'm so glad to count as a friend!

 Anyways, so I've been helping with her kids and we had a surprise shoot last Tuesday. On Christmas Eve I was able to share them with her and this is what she had to say about her family. These are some of my favorite shots. .

"2015 has been a very difficult year for us as a family, we are so lucky to have each other. We are stronger, braver and more resilient than I ever imagined.
My kids are such strong, beautiful, spirited, intelligent, amazing little souls. I wake up and fight every single day for them."

These are some of my favorite shots. 




















No comments: